Work Permit C

The work permit C will be issued to persons who are already in Belgium, not in the first place to work, but for certain reasons to stay (e.g. as an asylum seeker, sponsor, student, etc.).

With a work permit C you will be eligible for paid employment, whether it be under a contract of specific or indefinite duration, full-time or part-time, seasonal work, etc. You can be employed by an employer immediately in the same way as any other indigenous employee. The employer does not need to fulfil any special additional administrative obligations. For example, you will also be able to register immediately with one or more public or private employment agencies, etc.

The work permit C is valid for the whole of Belgium, and can be used for any gainful employment in any Region of the country.

The work permit C is valid for a limited period (max. 12 months), but can be renewed under certain conditions.

More info: