Information & services

Professional cards

All non-Belgians wishing to exercise a self-employed professional activity, either as natural persons or within an association or a partnership in fact or in law must be holders of a professional card .

A professional card is the document authorising a foreign self-employed person to exercise a specific activity as a self-employed person on Belgian territory, in a certain capacity and for a certain period (1 to 5 years maximum). A certain number of categories of foreigners working in a self-employed capacity are exempted from the requirement to possess a professional card.

More info - applications for professional cards

Work permit and employment authorisation

Foreign workers who want to pursue salaried employment in Belgium, must apply for a work permit in advance....

More info - work permit and employment authorisation